Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Now THAT's how you start a football season

Well Eagles fans, I have to say - while I had high expectations for week 1, they certainly didn't include delusions of a blowout, 1-catch-by-Holt, 40-yards-by-Stephen-Jackson, THREE-ONE-HUNDRED-YARD-RECEIVERS performance.


Hang on. I need a minute to digest this.

Alright, so I know the Rams are bad...but the Eagles are also notoriously slow starters under Andy Reid, save for 2004*coughsuperbowlyearIdidn'twannasayitcough*.

Let's look a bit closer at these head-scratching game anecdotes:
- It's the first time there has been three one-hundred-yard recievers  since 2000 when the Chiefs did it, and the first time the Eagles have done it since 1960. (In case you were wondering who did it, it was Timmy Brown, Tommy McDonald and Pete Retzlaff)
- McNabb looked as accurate as I've seen him - and save for that play he could have probably run it in, he made smart decisions. As per Sunday, he is now the all time leader in fewest interceptions / per pass attempt.
- Again, two of the most dynamic offensive players in the league were completely shut down.

Thank goodness for special teams. Remember opening day last year, or have you had psychotherapy attempting to forget it?

I bet even Andy Reid was happy to throw Reno Mahe's number in the trash. 

"On alternate weekends I cater weddings!"

Seriously though Reno, I hope life is treating you well at The Cheesecake Factory. I heard some guy once made $100 in tips on a Friday night. 

Next up - The Dal-lass Cowgirls.

Bring 'em on.

- Magnum

No comments: